The Bad ASS Controller is Internet firmware upgradeable (bootloader versions 1.2 and greater). Yes, you can just go to the system screen and click the firmware update button, and get new firmware, which may include bug fixes and new games in capabilities.
But when should you upgrade your Bad ASS Controller?
It's understandable that you will want to try out the new features as soon as you can. However, during any upgrade process, you want to ensure you are not at risk of bringing your escape room to a screeching halt. There are inherent risks with any upgrade. Here are a few possibilities.
- A game you are using may need to be reconfigured.
- New features may not carry over from previous configurations..
- A game may work differently or have other nuances that are unexpected.
So here is what we suggest.
- Always have a spare controller to test any new upgrade with. After you have validated your new gameplay, then update your live game.
- Do not upgrade controllers in live games without a backup.
- Update during slow times, like Monday morning. This will give you time to address unforeseen issues.
Following these simple guidelines will help keep everyone happy and keep the swearing to a minimum.